PHP Technical Team Lead
FE fundinfo’s Technology team builds and deploys software solutions for our financial market clients.
Who we are:
FE fundinfo is a global leader in investment fund data and technology. By making our industry Better Connected and Better Informed, we support investment decisions worldwide. We create market-leading products and provide innovative solutions that ensure investors have access to trusted and timely data anywhere, at any time.
Working with leading asset managers and distributors globally, we are uniquely positioned in the investment industry thanks to the quality of our data and extensive network. Every day, more than 5,000 clients rely on us for their data, which include fund managers, life and pension providers, banks, insurers and financial advisers.
With more than 800 experts working from over 15 countries, we believe in bringing trust, connectivity, and innovation to the fund industry.
At FE fundinfo, we are proud of our vast, diverse and highly skilled team, and we are always looking for talented people who want to grow with us.
For more information, visit fe-fundinfo.com.
FE fundinfo’s Technology team builds and deploys software solutions for our financial market clients. Primarily, this team focuses on the fund data value chain. Agility and innovation are integral to our approach as we bring the latest tools and techniques to our clients:
- We are a cloud-first solution provider working with Azure and other cloud platforms
- We combine product experts with our UX, development and QA teams to deliver features roadmaps for our products
- We are adopting devOps models across all our teams and have invested in pipeline architectures for seamless deployment strategies
- Our infrastructure engineers support our development teams with advanced IaC frameworks to provide scale, monitoring and support for our resilience patterns
- We develop API families for our products to support greater integration with our clients and partners
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical direction to the team and is a key contributor (Product Development, Release Cycles)
- Responsible for designing, developing web-based applications and integrating with related backend systems
- Responsible for maintaining the overall architecture for all system/program/initiatives.
- Implement object-oriented design principles and patterns.
- Develop highly performant, scalable & secure applications.
- Be involved in defining and applying development best practices in a large distributed development team.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure a high standard of work through code reviews, coaching and management. Help set and enforce quality standards and best practices within the team.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to other developers.
- Assess technical debt and provide solutions and / or tools on how to address.
- Communicate clearly and effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take ownership of the product from a technical perspective and be responsible to manage & support the services to the client
- Responsible for setting-up and monitoring alerting systems and managing system alerts.
- Assisting with infrastructure upgrades & change control of infrastructure
- Conduct and contribute towards the review and appraisal process for the team
- Evaluate project data for accuracy, and take the lead in setting project targets and priorities
- Resolve disputes between team members and management and assist in addressing issues amongst team members to avoid unacceptable behaviours
- Give training and mentorship to team members to make them better on the job
- Remain knowledgeable of current technology and carry out research to identify new trends that can be used to achieve maximum results
- Carry out other technical related duties that may be required.
Skills And Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience and expert knowledge of PHP & Laravel
- 5+ years experience in web technologies including JSON/XML, WebAPIs, RESTful APIs
- 5+ years of experience with MySQL
- Strong experience and knowledge of Vue.JS
- Strong experience of using a key-value store e.g. Redis
- 5+ years of experience using Agile development processes (e.g. developing and estimating user stories, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, etc.)
- Experience in Azure based development and delivery
- Expert knowledge on Service Oriented Architecture
- Good experience in Git source control management
- Demonstrable ability to write clean, structured, maintainable code
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design principles and patterns
- Expert experience with unit test automations and/or code analysis techniques
- Expert in application performance profiling
- Expert understanding of development & release tooling (i.e. Azure Devops/NuGet)
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player, leader, mentor.
Good to have:
- Experience with CSS utility frameworks e.g. TailwindCSS
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good Team management skills
- Planning, organizing and time management skills
- Achieve results within deadlines whilst maintaining quality
- Develop and deliver presentations, training sessions
- Flexible to extend work if required.
- Customer focused, with a can-do attitude.
English language is essential, as will need to communicate with offices abroad in the UK, Czech Republic, Luxembourg, Zurich, Hong Kong and Australia. More offices globally are likely to be added over the coming years.
We are proud to foster an environment where our teams can bring their best selves to work and operate in a welcoming, stimulating and inclusive culture.
Our team of 800+ people is constantly growing, making a difference to our clients and partners every day from our offices in Australia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Germany, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Poland, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK.
FE fundinfo is the right company for you if you want to:
- Join an industry leader yet workin a fast-growing, agile and innovative organisation
- Make a differenceand use your entrepreneurial spirit
- Be part of a global and diverse team of highly-skilled experts
- Experiencea friendly, inclusive and supportive working environment
- Learn and develop yourself
Our Commitment to our teams:
- Career Development
- Training & Learning (access to LinkedIn Learning)
- Health & Wellbeing
- Sustainability agenda
What our people across the globe say about FE fundinfo:
- “Fast-paced like a start-up, challenging and interesting”
- “Great work / life balance in a flexible and supportive atmosphere”
- “Exciting to be working for a well-recognised brand in the industry”
- “Working on the latest tech in a quickly evolving environment”
- “Sense of togetherness even when working virtually”
- “Highly varied tasks with many avenues to explore”
- “Multicultural feel, open and inclusive”
- “Incredible breadth of expertise – really enjoying the collaboration and knowledge sharing”
- “A place to grow along with the company”
Want to know more about Life @FEfundinfo? Check our Glassdoor profile.
Competitive reward package, role full-time (37½ hours per week) split between our London office and home-from-working (flexibility on split and subject to Covid restrictions).
Have we sparked your interest?
To make further enquiries or apply please contact:
Rebecca Spink, HR Advisor
E / UK.Jobs@fefundinfo.com